About Me

My photo
I taught myself how to cook and I will like to teach you too. Here are budget meals that tastes great and can feed the hungry stomach. Enjoy!!!

Thursday 6 June 2013

Aromatic Celery Chicken

I was so excited when I found this new Chicken recipe.  It has so few ingredients.  I had to try it and share it with you as well.  I hope you will try it.

Ingredients:
(1) whole roasting chicken
(2) celery stalks chopped in half
(1/2) cup butter
salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS:
Wash and pat dry the chicken.  Sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.  Put in the celery stalks in the middle of the Chicken.  Rub the butter all over the Chicken.  Place the chicken in a round roasting pan.  Put in a little bit of water in the bottom of the pan so the chicken wont stick and so we can also make a gravy.  This would go into a 400 degree oven for about an hr until everything is nice and crisp up.  While this chicken was cooking, the whole house smelled divine!!! The aroma of the celery was mouth watering.  At first in the Video I said to cover the lid, but actually we took off the lid most of the time to speed up the cooking process.  The juices from the chicken made the gravy nice and dark color.  I was tempted to try other spices on the chicken at first.  But a recipe so simple, I did not want to ruin it and only used the salt and pepper.  And yes!!! This was such a flavorful dish with just salt and pepper.  Also, I do not think you need (1/2) cup of butter.  It was slightly greasy.  I think you can just use (1/4) cup of butter.  I hope you will use these adjustments and try out such a simple tasty dish.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment