About Me

My photo
I taught myself how to cook and I will like to teach you too. Here are budget meals that tastes great and can feed the hungry stomach. Enjoy!!!

Thursday 6 June 2013

Curried Beef Stew

When I first looking for a new Curry recipe, I was shocked to see one that called for Apple Juice.  So I definitely had to give it a try and share it with you.  Heres the recipe.

Ingredients:
(1 LB) stewing beef meat
(1) yellow onion chopped
(5) red potatoes
(1 LB) bag baby carrots
salt and pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
(2) tablespoons curry powder
(1) can of 780mL whole tomatoes(juices reserved)
(1/2) cup of apple juice unsweetened

DIRECTIONS:
Peel and chop the potatoes and onions.  Cut the larger pieces of stewing beef meat smaller.  In a bowl, season the beef with all the dry spices listed above.  I usually don't measure the spices cause we like it spicy so we just sprinkle in randomly.  When working with curry powder, be careful to use a utensil to mix the marinade.  Because the yellow color would stain your hands.  I used a spoon in the Video to mix together the spices and the meat.  Next, we can put everything into the Slow Cooker.  In goes the vegetables, the beef and the apple juice and the tomatoes.  We keep the juice in the can of tomatoes.  Plop on the lid, turn on low heat for 8-10 hrs until dinner is ready to serve.  So when I tasted this recipe in the Video, it didn't have enough flavor to it.  So, I added in more salt and Indian spices into the stew.  It was also too watery for my liking so I added more flour to thicken the stew up.  I also added in a beef bullion cube in the end.  So, you can try this with the original recipe above or use the little bit of twist I mentioned here.  I hope you will enjoy.      

No comments:

Post a Comment