About Me

My photo
I taught myself how to cook and I will like to teach you too. Here are budget meals that tastes great and can feed the hungry stomach. Enjoy!!!

Thursday 6 June 2013

Pork and Onions

This is just something that I whipped up with whatever that I had on hand.  This is a very warming dish to come home to and Im sure this will also become a family favorite.  Heres the recipe.

Ingredients:
(1) piece of pork Roast about 2LBS
no salt is needed because the onion gravy and cooking wine has salt already 
pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
spicy mesquite seasoning (or any other meat seasoning)
(2) cups of cooking white wine
(1) packet of onion gravy
(1) LB bag of baby carrots
(1) yellow onion finely chopped


DIRECTIONS:
First, we marinade the dry spices on the Pork.  Next, in another bowl, mix the gravy mix with (1) cup of cooking white wine.  Set aside.  Next, chop up the onions.  Afterwards, we can brown the onions.  In the Video, I used the food Chopper to finely chop the Onions.  When the onion is minced, it makes a natural gravy in the Slow Cooker nice and thick sauce.  In a preheated pan, brown the onions until it turns golden brown.  Put in more cooking white wine into the onion to wash off any browned bits that is stuck on the pan.  The wine will evaporate as you pour it in.  Finally, layer in all the ingredients into the slow cooker.  Put in the onion, pork, carrots and the gravy mix.  Plug in the Slow Cooker and turn on low heat for 8-10 hrs until dinner is ready to serve.  I served this dish with some spaghetti.  I mixed the spaghetti right into the sauce.  In the Video, a lot of the original liquid actually cooked off.  So I had to add in a bit more of water and flour to thicken up the gravy.  This dish is full of flavor than the usual tomato based roasts.  I hope you give this dish a try.   

No comments:

Post a Comment