About Me

My photo
I taught myself how to cook and I will like to teach you too. Here are budget meals that tastes great and can feed the hungry stomach. Enjoy!!!

Thursday 6 June 2013

Simple White Cake

I was looking for something simple with a few ingredients to make one day.  Then, I found this recipe with all the ingredients I had on hand and I had to try it right away.  This is a delicious, budget friendly recipe.

Ingredients:
(1 1/2) all purpose white flour
(1/2) cup of sugar
(1/2) cup of butter
(2) eggs
(1/2) cup of milk
(1/3) teaspoons of baking powder
(2) teaspoons of Vanilla extract
(2) teaspoons of Almond extract

DIRECTIONS:
First cream together the sugar and the butter.  The mixture will look nice and fluffy.  Add the eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract and baking powder.  Mix well.  Slowly mix the egg mixture into the flour.  Lastly, we add in the eggs.  Finally, we can put the batter into any shape of cake mold that you would like.  In the video, I decided to use a loaf pan.  Spray the pan with oil and put in the batter.  Give the pan a tap to tap the air out so the product will bake flat.  Place into a preheated 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until the cake tests done.  This cake smelled so good.  Also, the cake has a nice shimmer from the sugar on the surface.  If you choose to use a loaf pan, I suggest you can slice it, and serve it with some strawberry sauce or some other type of syrups.  I hope you will enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment