About Me

My photo
I taught myself how to cook and I will like to teach you too. Here are budget meals that tastes great and can feed the hungry stomach. Enjoy!!!

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Creamy Dijon Chicken

For this recipe, I was looking for a new and different Chicken recipe.  I was also looking for a recipe with something simple and ingredients that I already had in my pantry.  So, this is it!!!  It is a very elegant weeknight dinner and something different to your usual tomato pasta dishes.

INGREDIENTS:
(3)  boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into pieces
Dijon Mustard (to taste)
(1) standard can of cream of Chicken soup
(1/3) cup of cooking white wine (or water)
salt and pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
cayenne pepper
prepared pasta (original recipes says serve with rice)

DIRECTIONS:
After the chicken has been cut into bite size pieces, we marinate the chicken with all the dry spices listed above.  As usual, with all my recipes, you season to your taste and preference.  Next, take the chicken and put it into a pre - heated pan.  We brown the chicken until golden brown and aromatic.  Next, set the chicken aside and we prepare the sauce.  For the sauce, make sure you lower the heat in the pan to prevent splatter.  Add the soup, mustard, and the wine and combine well.  The sauce will have a nice yellow color and aroma of the Dijon Mustard.  Add the Dijon Mustard as much as you like.  Make sure you scrape the brown bits from the chicken in the pan as you make the sauce.  If you are deciding to use cooking wine, the sauce will reduce as you cook it.  Finally, mix in the cooked chicken pieces and mixed vegetables.  Stir in the cooked pasta.  The original recipe calls to serve with hot rice.  The amount of sauce shown in the Video was just right.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.  This dish had such an amazing and different taste that I will be putting this recipe into my regular rotation.         

No comments:

Post a Comment