About Me

My photo
I taught myself how to cook and I will like to teach you too. Here are budget meals that tastes great and can feed the hungry stomach. Enjoy!!!

Saturday 7 April 2012

Beef and Okra Stir Fry

Okra is an interesting vegetable.  It got a very interesting gooey inside.  Its nice to get the fresh ones when the supermarket has them.  My supermarket that I go to also carries the frozen ones but I hear that frozen Okras aren't as good.  So, I decided to make a curry dish with it.  This is my first try using Okra.  Here are the Ingredients.

INGREDIENTS:
(1) LB of fresh Okra
(1) package of lean ground beef
(1) standard size jar of curry (any type you like)

DIRECTIONS:
First, dice up the Okra into small pieces.  Chop off the end that you see which appears to attach to the mother plant.  I don't think that little bump would be enjoyable to eat.  Discard that.  Place cut Okras into a bowl.  Set aside.
In a pre heated pan, add the beef, salt and pepper.  Once the beef is browned, add the Okra.  We let the Okra heat up in the pan for a few minutes.  Next, add in the curry sauce.  Mix well.  Make sure everything is heated thru.  I served it over steamed rice.  Enjoy!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment