About Me

My photo
I taught myself how to cook and I will like to teach you too. Here are budget meals that tastes great and can feed the hungry stomach. Enjoy!!!

Saturday 7 April 2012

Cola Beef Stew

If your tired of the usual tomato based stews, here is a nice twist for you.  Here are the ingredients.

INGREDIENTS:
(2) large brown potatoes
(2) nice  size carrots
(2) celery stalks
(1 1/2) LB stewing beef
(1) cup soy sauce
(1) cup brown sugar
(1) red can of cola any brand
minced garlic to taste
salt and pepper to taste
cayenne pepper to taste
garlic powder and onion powder to taste

DIRECTIONS:
In your nice preheated soup pot, put in the beef and brown it for about 5-10 mins.  Next, add the minced garlic.  Then add the garlic powder and onion powder.  Next, add the cayenne pepper.  Finally, add the salt and pepper.  Mix everything well.  Next, put the vegetables on top.  Mix the beef and vegetables well.  Finally add the rest of the ingredients.  The cola, soy sauce and brown sugar.  Mix well.  Close the lid and cook on low heat for about 30-40 mins.  I served the stew with some biscuits and butter.  I hope you will give this recipe a try and I will see you again next time.  Enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment