About Me

My photo
I taught myself how to cook and I will like to teach you too. Here are budget meals that tastes great and can feed the hungry stomach. Enjoy!!!

Thursday 6 June 2013

Lemon Butter Fish

I meant to try this recipe for awhile now.  But I kept on finding other recipes.  This is a nice, light and elegant dinner perfect for date night.  I hope you will enjoy this one. 

Ingredients:
(1) package of thawed out white fish washed and pat dry
(4) tablespoons of butter melted in microwave
(2) tablespoons of lemon juice
Italian seasoning
garlic powder
onion powder
no salt is needed because the butter has salt already

DIRECTIONS:
Spray down an oven safe dish with oil.  Marinade the fish with the garlic powder and onion powder and set aside.  Microwave the butter for 30 seconds until it is melted.  After it is melted, put in the lemon juice and Italian Seasoning.  Mix well.  Layer the fish into the oven safe dish.  Next, pour the butter sauce onto the fish and use a spatula to make the sauce all even over the fish.  Place in a preheated 425 degree oven for around half an hr until the fish is white and flaky.  The aroma of the house will smell so good as this is cooking.  After the fish is done, take out the fish from the dish.  Pour the juices that is in the oven safe dish into a small pot.  Put a cup of water into the pot.  Put in a few more squirts of lemon juice and sprinkle in some chicken stock.  Add in a little bit of flour to thicken it up.  The gravy will be a nice yellow color.  I served this dish with some rice and vegetables.  I hope you will try this dish.  Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment