About Me

My photo
I taught myself how to cook and I will like to teach you too. Here are budget meals that tastes great and can feed the hungry stomach. Enjoy!!!

Thursday 6 June 2013

Slow Cooker Whole Frozen Chicken

Sometimes I get frustrated with cooking a whole fresh Chicken in the oven.  I usually get frustrated with the timing and stuff or sometimes the chicken just ends up dry.  This method of cooking chicken has become my favorite and best of all ... you can cook it from frozen and it turns out like the grocery store Rotisserie chickens. 

Ingredients:
(1) whole frozen roasting chicken with the grocery store twine
mixed vegetables
salt and pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
chicken seasoning spice blend (as shown in the video)
dash of Worcestershire sauce
(1/2) cup water or cooking white wine

DIRECTIONS:
Layer all the ingredients into the Slow Cooker with the final item being the water.  Sprinkle in liberally all the spices all over the chicken.  Splash on the Worcestershire sauce.  Sometimes for a fancier twist, I like to put in some cooking white wine instead of the water.  If the chicken that you purchased has the twine on the chicken, keep the twine on.  It helps the chicken stay together in the cooking process and not fall apart.  Be careful!!! After cooking, the chicken will try to fall apart because it is so soft when you try to take it out.  In the Video, I was rushed for time, so I turned the Slow Cooker on high for most of the time and to low heat for the last hr of cooking before dinner is served.  Take out the cooked chicken and the vegetables.  Take out the juices and make a gravy your favorite way.  This chicken was so soft!!! In the Video the chicken breast fell right off into the one piece.  Sometimes when you roast chicken in the oven, there will still be some bits left that are red.  Cooking the chicken in the Slow Cooker however, everything is perfectly cooked.  And...its so soft and juicy!!!  I do hope you will try this method of cooking chicken.  Im sure it will be a family favorite and that there will be no leftovers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment