About Me

My photo
I taught myself how to cook and I will like to teach you too. Here are budget meals that tastes great and can feed the hungry stomach. Enjoy!!!

Saturday 7 April 2012

Oatmeal & Maple Syrup Cookies

I made this cookie recipe for Canada Day 2011.  We Canadians love our maple syrup so I decided to make this maple syrup recipe as a treat.  Here are the ingredients.

INGREDIENTS:
(3) cups of quick cooking oats
(1) cup maple syrup (I used artificial table syrup)
(3/4) cups of butter
(1/2) cup brown sugar
(2) cups of white all purpose flour (original recipe was 1 cup I think 2 would be better)
(1) egg
(1/2) tspn baking soda

DIRECTIONS:
In a bowl, mix together maple syrup, butter, brown sugar and the egg.  It would look like a brownish mixture afterwards.  Next, add in the dry ingredients to the wet batter.  The flour, oatmeal, and baking soda.  The cookie batter would look lumpy but don't worry its oK.  On a large cookie sheet spray some oil on it.  Place the cookies on the tray in round spoonfulls until the pan is full.  For each batch of cookies, bake it at 350 degrees for 11-13 minutes until they are golden brown.  Let the finished cookies cool down for 10 minutes and then you can enjoy them.  I do hope you will give this recipe a try and I will see you again next time.  Thanks for watching.  

No comments:

Post a Comment